The deadline to submit your company — or a company you are familiar with — in the Macomb Business Awards is tomorrow (March 15) at 11:59 p.m. Have you entered yet? If you answered no, then I ask you to consider one of the following categories and get your nomination in!
- Champion of Work / Life Integration – offering innovative benefits that enable employees to balance work responsibilities with personal passions (Sponsored by MetroParent magazine).
- Corporate Citizen – providing meaningful support to our community through service and/or philanthropy.
- Hidden Gem – uncovering a unique Made-in-Macomb product or place that more people should know about.
- Manufacturer of the Year – in recognition of a manufacturer of any size that is achieving success through its efforts to diversify its customer base, retain employees and/or implement new technologies or efficiencies.
- Model of OneMacomb – cultivating an environment where diversity is valued as evidenced by inclusive practices.
- Trailblazer of Future Talent – creating partnerships that provide opportunities for the next generation of our workforce to explore career possibilities and experience work-based learning.
Some categories have appeared in previous years of the Macomb Business Awards – but new this year are the Hidden Gem and Champion of Work/Life categories. As described above, the Hidden Gem showcases a unique Made-in-Macomb product or place that people may not be aware of. The Champion of Work/Life Integration (sponsored by MetroParent) focuses on different criteria – benefits that companies offer their employees that boost quality of life. For instance, some businesses provide family benefits like paid maternity or paternity leave or childcare services. Another benefit is flexible schedules. This allows an employee to work remotely or to set their own in-office hours. Whatever the benefits are, the ultimate goal is helping employees find balance between their personal lives and their work. And this category will recognize a business or organization that does just that.
So – do any of these categories or the ones listed above fit your company or one you know? Visit our easy application and get started today. Simply fill out the forms, craft your descriptions and your business will be in the running! But remember, the cut off is Friday, March 15 at 11:59 p.m.!
For more information on the April 23 event, visit www.MacombBusiness.com/bizawards.
Megan Ochmanek is a communications specialist for the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development.