Nearly 4,000 Michigan businesses are currently serving the defense industry, but according to the Michigan Defense Center, there is room for more. To open up access, the center recently launched the Bid Targeting System (BTS), a web-based tool application that supports companies with government contracting experience and companies which have not done business with the government in the past. Through business intelligence and predictive analytics, the BTS helps organizations quickly identify and prioritize federal contract opportunities and save time and money in the pursuit of that work. The resource also scores companies the way a federal contracting officer would, giving small and medium-sized contractors the same advantages that large primes derive from their in-house experts.
On Tuesday, September 25, the Michigan Defense Center, the Macomb County Chamber of Commerce and the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development hosted the first public training for the Bid Targeting System at the Velocity Center in Sterling Heights.
The session was led by Dustin Frigy, a leader at the Defense Center. He helped attendees gain a thorough understanding of the system and showcased its features and benefits, which include:
- Prioritize bid opportunities with custom search filters and criteria weights
- Automatically match your firm with top bidding opportunities
- Receive daily email notifications of new bid opportunities
- Save and manage your favorite bid opportunities with total user control
- Custom and standard reports, including company specific “Firm Report”
- Multiple search features: NAICS, Region, SBA Program, Bid Due Date
- Extracts & integrates business intelligence from various sources
- Grant funding available to hire professional bid writers
- Personally manage your bid opportunity search profile
- Save time and money pursuing federal bids
- Develop a practical roadmap to becoming a successful federal contractor by leveraging information from multiple sources
- Understand your firm’s strengths and weaknesses, the same that federal buyers are seeing
- Customize strategies to improve score and grow your business faster
- More informed business decision-making on pursuing federal bids
The in-person training proved to be extremely popular so a free online training has been announced for this Friday, September 28. The 60 minute webinar and Q&A session will be hosted by the Michigan Defense Center at 10:30 a.m. If you’re interested in participating in the webinar, please RSVP by responding to email@example.com. And if you know of another individual or company that might want to join, please feel free to share this article.
Lauri Cowhy is a senior communications specialist for the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development.