Online nominations for a Macomb Business Award opened in November. By the deadline of Dec. 9, a total of 53 companies and organizations were nominated.
Ranging from companies just getting started on their journey to success to long-standing institutions with deep roots in the community, each nomination provided a description of how the nominee fit into one of six categories:
- Champion of Workforce Development
- Corporate Citizen
- Diversification Leader
- Efficiency Expert
- Model of OneMacomb
- Startup Business to Watch
Next, the nominations will be reviewed by our panel of judges. For 2017, we thank the following for agreeing to review and score each nomination:
- David E. Corba, Dean of Business and Information Technology for Macomb Community College
- Gene Lovell, President of First State Bank
- Jeannie Parent, Publisher for Digital First Media
- John Paul Rea, Director of Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development
The results of the judges’ scores will be revealed at the 5th Annual Macomb Business Awards between 8 and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14. Sponsors of this increasingly popular event include MEDC, Advancing Macomb and First State Bank. Tickets for the breakfast are $30 and are available for purchase at www.MacombBusiness.com/bizawards.
Maria Zardis is the program manager of the Business Outreach and Communications Group for the Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development.